You may remember that in Stage 1 of this build Ol' School Garage repaired all the rust and accident damage. The objective was to provide a solid base for all subsequent stages.
In Stage 2 all modifications will be carried out to the car. The primary objectives of the modifications are to: (1) accommodate a new, larger drivetrain; and (2) strengthen the car so it is able to cope with the additional power generated by the new drivetrain.
The photos below show of the key modifications completed thus far in Stage 2:
1. Mini tubs to accommodate wider rear tyres
2. Chassis connectors to increase rigidity
3. New trans tunnel to accommodate a larger transmission
4. Notch the strut towers to provide clearance for the custom headers
5. New 4-link and coil-overs rear suspension system
6. New boot firewall to isolate the boot from the cabin
7. Stronger boot floor to support a fuel cell and provide clearance for the coil-overs
All that is left to do in this stage is to complete the fabrication of the custom headers and exhaust.